What is text-to-join?
How text-to-join works:
- You reserve a keyword (or lots of keywords) for your Network. Ex. "SMG"
- Then you can assign the keyword(s) to whichever List you'd like. Ex. "SMG Catholic Church"
- At your next big gathering or after Mass or whatever, ask everyone to pull out their cell phones and text your keyword to our short code (84576). Ex. "Text SMG to 84576"
- That will automatically subscribe them to your List to receive text message updates anytime you post something new on it. It will also capture their phone number in your database for you.
- Flocknote will also text message each person back asking them to REPLY with their email address.
- If the person texts back with their email address, it will capture their email address for you and send them a verification email.
- Now, when the person gets home and checks their email, they'll have a link waiting for them to click and verify their email address (subscribing them to your List via email as well).
- Once they click the link, Flocknote then invites them to finish registering with your group (i.e. capturing any additional custom information you'd like to gather from them) and allows them to quickly subscribe to any/all of your other Lists (i.e. ministries, small groups, etc. in your organization).
Quick. Simple. And it works.
How do I setup or edit a keyword to use with text-to-join?
What are the costs?
Billing - Every network gets ONE keyword for FREE. There is a small additional monthly charge if you want to reserve additional keywords. There is no charge when someone registers for your Network via text message. You can also send an unlimited number of text updates to them (at no additional cost) as a part of any of our Network subscription plans. Click here for more pricing.
For when you announce Flocknote and the text-to-join process:
We highly recommend using a script like this...it will help: Sample announcement script
If you are posting your keyword and short code on your website, you MUST include the following fine print:
Here are some sample bulletin inserts. Feel free to use them however you like!